Congregational Day Camp
Lutherwood serves individual congregations through a quality Christian camp experience in local communities with the purpose of providing an avenue for churches to share the love of Christ and build relationships within the congregation and its community.
Congregational Day Camp is a five-day program held within your local church and community. Our program includes dedicated staff, energetic worship, creative Bible Encounters, new friends, fabulous crafts, super team-building activities, and a week you will be talking about all summer long! Day Camp is staffed by our amazing Lutherwood staff, a local congregational coordinator, and volunteers from your own church and community. Lutherwood Day Camp brings the experience of camp to your church! This is also a fantastic outreach opportunity for your church to meet the needs of your community in a fun and unique way. We encourage you to invite children outside your congregation as a way to introduce them to the love of God.
Lutherwood’s Day Camp program is a unique blend of outdoor ministry and congregational ministry. The camp staff works with you to figure out the best way to serve your unique community. We bring enthusiasm, a fun curriculum, amazing activities, and the tools to create a lasting impression on your day campers. Local church volunteers bring their incredible knowledge of the campers’ needs and community resources.
REASONS FOR CHOOSING LUTHERWOOD DAY CAMP
Lutherwood Day Camp provides your church with a quality Christian camp experience right in your backyard!
All songs, crafts, activities, and Bible Encounters are handled by Lutherwood staff members so you don’t have to.
The strength of this program comes from the camp staff. They are caring, committed, young adults who are trained to lead Bible Encounters, worship, songs, games, team building activities, and crafts.
Day Camp 2017 Available Dates
Reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
June 25-30 – Filled
July 2-7 – Two Sessions Available
July 9-14 – Filled
July 16-21 – Filled
July 23-28 – Two Sessions Available
July 30-Aug 4 – Two Sessions Available
Aug. 6-11 – Two Sessions Available
Registration and Financial Information
The Day Camp Contract 2016 is to be filled out and returned with a $350 deposit in order to hold your requested week. Please choose the package number that best fits your congregation, anticipated outreach, and financial needs.
Cost is by package:
Package #1 This is for up to 24 campers and 3 LW staff. $1500 total cost.
Package #2 This is for up to 36 campers and 4-5 LW staff. $2000 total cost.
Package #3 This is for up to 48 campers and 5-6 LW staff. $2300 total cost.
Package #4 This is for up to 60 campers and 6-7 LW staff. $2600 total cost.
Package #5 This is for up to 75 campers and 7+ LW staff. $2900 total cost.
Package #6 This is for up to 90 campers and 7+ LW staff. $3200 total cost.
- Put the $350 deposit in your church budget. This financial commitment from the congregation reduces the cost of registration per child. Remember that your deposit is applied toward your total cost.
- Team up with another congregation in your community. Some smaller congregations could manage a $175 deposit, but not the $350. Day Camp can be an opportunity for ecumenical interaction between congregations.
- Ask families for a $20 deposit to be used toward your congregation’s deposit.
- Ask members of your congregation to sponsor a child for Day Camp. Start a campership fund for those whose families cannot afford the registration fee.
- Hold a fundraiser with the goal of raising enough money to pay ½ of each child’s registration fee and families paying the rest. Children are more likely to have regular attendance if their families have invested in the program. Don’t forget to check with Thrivent to apply for matching funds for your fundraiser.
- A good recruiting campaign for enrolling kids in Day Camp will bring down the cost of camp per child. Aim high, pray with confidence, and reach out to the community. The idea is to bring God’s word to as many children and their families as possible.
The churches below hosted a Lutherwood Day Camp in the summer of 2016:
- Skagit Cluster at Salem Lutheran, Mt. Vernon
- Ebeneezer Lutheran, Lake Stevens
- Luther Memorial, Seattle
- Spanaway Lutheran, Spanaway
- Camano Lutheran, Camano
- Maple Leaf Lutheran, Seattle
- Our Redeemers Lutheran, Ballard
- Holy Spirit Lutheran, Kirkland
- Our Saviors Lutheran, Everett
- First Lutheran, Tacoma
- Christ Lutheran, Ferndale
- Trinity Lutheran, Freeland
- Holy Trinity Lutheran, Mercer Island
- St. John’s Lutheran, Lakewood
- Magnolia Lutheran, Seattle
Contact Lutherwood for more information:
Resources for churches hosting Day Camp: