Congregational Day Camp
Lutherwood serves individual congregations through a quality Christian camp experience in local communities with the purpose of providing an avenue for churches to share the love of Christ and build relationships within the congregation and its community.
Congregational Day Camp is a five-day program held within your local church and community. Our program includes awesome staff, crazy worship, creative Bible Encounters, new friends, fabulous crafts, super team building activities, and a week you will be talking about all summer long! Day Camp is staffed by our amazing Lutherwood staff, a local congregational coordinator, and volunteers from your own church and community. Lutherwood Day Camp is brings the experience of camp to your church! This is also a fantastic outreach opportunity for your church to meet the needs of your community in a fun and unique way. We encourage you to invite children outside your congregation as a way to introduce them to the love of God.
Lutherwood’s Day Camp program is a unique blend of outdoor ministry and congregational ministry. The camp staff works with you to figure out the best way to serve your unique community. We bring enthusiasm, a fun curriculum, amazing activities, and the tools to create a lasting impression on your day campers. Local church volunteers bring their incredible knowledge of the campers’ needs and community resources.
REASONS FOR CHOOSING LUTHERWOOD DAY CAMP
Lutherwood Day Camp provides your church with a quality Christian camp experience right in your backyard!
Why do all the work, when we can do it for you!?!
The strength of this program comes from the camp staff. They are caring, committed young adults who are trained to lead Bible studies, worship, songs, games, team building activities and crafts.
The uniqueness of Day Camp is flexibility. The Lutherwood staff works with each church’s volunteers and combines resources to design a program specifically to meet the needs of your congregation and community. Day Camp is special because it offers the camp experience to children who might not otherwise be able to attend our on-site summer programs.
Registration and Financial Information
The Day Camp Covenant is to be filled out and returned with a $350 deposit in order to hold your requested week. On the Day Camp Covenant, indicate the number of campers you expect to enroll. We will ask for confirmation of the number two-weeks prior to your week. We also ask that the $1500 minimum be paid two weeks prior to your Day Camp. Your final payment will be based on the average number of campers attending each day, and is due to Camp Lutherwood by Friday of your Day Camp week.
$1500 for the first 15-25 campers
$25 for every camper over the initial 25
Day Camp can seem like a big financial commitment for a congregation. Here are some ideas to take some of the pressure off an already stressed church budget.
- Put the $350 deposit in your church budget. This financial commitment from the congregation reduces the cost of registration per child. Remember that your deposit is applied toward your total cost.
- Team up with another congregation in your community. Some smaller congregations could manage a $175 deposit, but not the $350. Day Camp can be an opportunity for ecumenical interaction between congregations.
- Ask families for a $20 deposit to be used toward your congregation’s deposit.
- Ask members of your congregation tosponsor a child for Day Camp. Start a campership fund for those whose families cannot afford the registration fee.
- Hold a fundraiser with the goal of raising enough money to pay ½ of each child’s registration fee and families paying the rest. Children are more likely to have regular attendance if their families have invested in the program. Don’t forget to check with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans to apply for matching funds for your fundraiser.
- A good recruiting campaign for enrolling kids in Day Camp will bring down the cost of camp per child. Aim high, pray with confidence, and reach out to the community. The idea is to bring God’s word to as many children and their families as possible.
for more information